Tuesday, September 24, 2013

RENDEZ-VOUS

Lately we celebrated Phill's birthday. Happy Birthday!
I decided to take him to south of France for a couple of days. I hoped it will be nice to celebrate his birthday just two of us in a warm, romantic town full of culture and history. I wasn't disappointed. We stayed in Nimes and from first minutes there I was in love. In love with the place, people, architecture.
Our hotel room had a window with a fabulous view to Coliseum. Every morning we enjoyed some still warm croissants with coffee in local bistros-how French...
The weather was amazing almost 30 degrees. The town is adorned in Roman touches. People are very friendly and very chic. Not very often I see on Monday morning a woman with pink high heels, long earrings and  a fabulous very flattering dress sitting in a bistro drinking coffee, smoking cigarettes and emotionally discussing something with her companion. 
My hubby, long walks, wine, fantastic food and sunny weather-what more could I ask for?  
Nimes- very Roman-tic town!