Monday, May 20, 2013

The Great Gatsby

Have you seen the new Great Gatsby movie? I haven't got the occasion just yet, but I will. In the meantime I decided to watch Gatsby movie from 1974 with handsome Robert Redford and gorgeous Mia Farrow. Phil fell asleep before the end so I don't think I will take him with me to the cinema...
Have you seen the new one? What do you think? The story for me isn't the finest but I think it's not the point in this specific film. The contemporary decadence was well presented. The story behind the movie is far more interesting though. I recommend to check the real story of Fitzgerald- much more complex and sad. I wonder if the new movie is much different from the one from 1974. Have the racist dialogues disappeared? Is DiCaprio as sweaty as Redford? Are the costumes sophisticated and elegant- I think that even not seeing the movie I can answer this question.
What do you think? Have you seen it? Can you compare these two versions?